On Dec 1, 2004, at 2:59 PM, petite_abeille wrote:
On Dec 01, 2004, at 20:43, Erik Hatcher wrote:

Sure, I could put it all together as a space separated String and use the WhitespaceAnalyzer, but why not do it this way? What other suggestions do you have for doing this?

If this works for you, I don't see any problem with it.

In general, I avoid storing any raw data in a Lucene Document. And only uses Lucene for, er, indexing... but this is just me :)

Getting further off-topic, but to clarify:

Sounds like you're suggesting I'm storing raw data. I'm not. I have to be able to do queries like: "someWord AND year:[1837 TO 1856]". So the year is being indexed, I just happen to do it with a doc.add() for each year.