On Dec 8, 2004, at 5:02 PM, Ramon Aseniero wrote:
Yes I am indexing multiple keyword fields by the same name in a single
document. Does that works with Lucene?

No - logically it doesn't make sense. How would Lucene determine which of those field values to sort by?

You need a single field value to sort by. I think you should get an error when sorting by a field with duplicate values though.

Again, it would be most helpful if you could provide code that demonstrates what you're doing during indexing and searching specifically related to the sorting issue.