On Dec 13, 2004, at 1:16 AM, Karthik N S wrote:
So u say I have to Build a Filter to Collect all the Scores between the 2
Ranges [ 0.2f to 1.0f]

My message is being misinterpreted. I said "filter" as a verb, not a noun. :) In other words, I was not intending to mean write a Filter - a Filter would not be able to filter on score.

so the API for the same would be

 Hits hit = search(Query query, Filter filtertoGetScore)

But while writing the Filter Score again depends on Hits ====> Score =
hits.score(x);

Again, you cannot write a Filter (capital 'F') to deal with score.

Please re-read what I said below...

Hits are in descending score
order, so you may just want to use Hits and filter based on the score
provided by hits.score(i).

Iterate over Hits... when you encounter scores below your desired range, stop iterating. Why is this simple procedure not good enough for what you are trying to achieve?