Bill Janssen wrote:
Sure, if I wanted to ship different code for each micro-release of
Lucene (which, you might guess, I don't).  That signature doesn't
compile with 1.4.1.

Bill, most folks bundle appropriate versions of required jars with their applications to avoid this sort of problem. How are you deploying things? Are you not bundling a compatible version of the lucene jar with each release of your application? If not, why not?

I'm not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand.

Thanks,

Doug