Hi ALL,

We are trying to index scientic articles written in english, but whose authors can be spelled in any language (depending on the author's nazionality)

E.g.
Schäffer

In the XML document that we provide to Lucene the author name is written in the following way (using HTML ENTITIES)

Schäffer

So in practice that is the name that would be given to a Lucene analyzer/filter

Is there any already written analyzer that would take that name (Schäffer or any other name that has entities) so that
Lucene index could searched (once the field has been indexed) for the real version of the name, which is

Schäffer

and the english spelled version of the name which is

Schaffer

Thanks a lot in advance for your help,

Mariella