Hi,

To further the discussion. Would the following detailed steps work:

1) do lucene query and get the hits (keyed by the database primary
key, for example, employee id)

2) do database query and get the primary keys (i.e., employee id) for
the result rows, ordered by primary key

3) merge the two sets of primary keys (for example, in memory two-way
merge) and take the top k records

4) display the top k result rows

Cheers,

Jian