Could you work up a self-contained RAMDirectory-using example that demonstrates this issue?

        Erik

On Jan 27, 2005, at 9:10 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Erik,

I am using the keyword field
        doc.add(Field.Keyword("uid", pathRelToArea));
anything else I can check on ?

thanks
atul

PS we worked together for Darden project

From: Erik Hatcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Date: 2005/01/27 Thu PM 07:46:40 EST To: "Lucene Users List" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org> Subject: Re: LuceneReader.delete (term t) Failure ?

How did you index the "uid" field? Field.Keyword? If not, that may be
the problem in that the field was analyzed. For a key field like this,
it needs to be unanalyzed/untokenized.

        Erik

On Jan 27, 2005, at 6:21 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to delete a document from Lucene index using:

     Term aTerm = new Term( "uid", path );
     aReader.delete( aTerm );
     aReader.close();

If the variable path="xxx/foo.txt" then I am able to delete the
document.

However, if path variable has "-" in the string, the delete method
does not work

  e.g. path="xxx-yyy/foo.txt"  // Does Not work!!

Can I get around this problem. I cannot subsitute minus character with '.' as it has other implications.

is this a bug ? I am using Lucene 1.4-final version.

Thanks for the help
Atul