Hello;

My manager is now totally stuck about being able to query data with * in it.

Here are two queries.

TermQuery(new Term("type", "203"));
WildcardQuery(new Term("name", "*home\**"));

They are joined in a boolean query. That query gives this result when you
call the toString():

+(type:203) +(name:*home\**)

This looks right to me.

Any theories as to why the it would not match:

Document (relevant fields):
Keyword<type:203>
Keyword<name:marcipan + home*>

Is the \ escaping both * characters?