Hello.

I have Dual CPU's box with RH Linux. I run two processes on this box.

1. IndexWriter which adds new documents into index constantly 24/7/365
:)
2. IndexSearcher, which perform searchers from this index.

Sometimes "writer" begins to merge index (this caused by mergeFactor
and structure of Lucene index) "inside" addDocument method. And if merge begins
then my "writer" process
takes both CPU's time (180-200% totally). Actually most time time goes
to IO operations.

When merge operation begins then all searches performed by
IndexSearcher on this computer are very-very slowed down b/c all CPU
time is under first process.

How can I "give" second process more CPU time or how can I reduce IO
time of first process?

Maybe I can tweak something about index configuration.
I have set
   writer.mergeFactor = 2
   writer.minMergeDocs = 2500

Yura Smolsky.