Hello,

We’re using the GermanAnalyzer/Stemmer to index/search our (German)
Website.
I have a few questions:

(1)     Why is the GermanAnalyzer case-sensitive? None of the other
language indexers seem to be. What does this feature add?
(2)     With the German Analyzer, wildcard searches containing extended
German characters do not seem to work. So, a* is fine but anä* or ö*
always find zero results.
(3)     In a similar vein to (2), wildcard searches with escaped special
characters fail to find results. So a search for co\-operative works but
a search for co\-op* fails.

I will be grateful for any light that can be shed on these problems.

With Thanks,

Jon.

Jon Humble
BSc (hons,)