The Samsung Galaxy S4 can do voice translation rather well, and that's
consumer grade technology.

I am willing to bet the NSA are using similar technology to transcribe all
(or at least some) telephone and VoIP calls routed through their system.
This would dramatically decrease storage requirements and allow the NSA to
easily analyze the content of voice communications in bulk.

They have numerous datacenters including a new $1.8bn site in Utah and
another of similar size currently under construction in Ft. Meade.