-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1 El Lunes 26 Enero 2004 10:59, Martin C escribi�: > > Esa p�gina es un excelente punto de partida, incluso > > tienen un driver en > > etapa de desarrollo para la serie 2.6 del kernel, el > > cual pienso probar lo > > antes posible :-))))
Me olvid�, lo pueden bajar desde http://br.geocities.com/ricardowongbr/pctel > > Y hablando del 2.6, tengo un mail de otra lista que > > dice como compilar el > > driver para modems Lucent con ese n�cleo. > > Si a alguien le interesa, chifle y lo posteo ac�. > > FIUUUU!! Mmmm... bueno... fu� un chiflido :D > Mandalo nom�s. OK, aca va un preliminar. Van a ver que el loco este le estaba dando una mano a otro para compilar un driver de v�deo con DRI para el 2.6, pero las instrucciones son bastante generales. Cuando pueda esta semana, voy a ver si le digo que me pase algo m�s concreto. <cita> On Sunday 20 July 2003 03:56, Ken Moffat wrote: > I'm assuming that .ko modules are the new-style modules which break > modutils ? I know nothing about how to persuade X to build a .ko > instead of a .o (I haven't built 2.5 since before this change), but a > quick search on google suggests there is a Makefile.build script in the > kernel scripts directory, and within that is something I don't > understand ending $(obj-m:.o=.ko). At a guess, this is telling the make > process to create the object modules as .ko instead of .o, in which case > I think all you need to do is > > 1. build the XFree dri module with the same compiler as you used for the > kernel, giving a .o in the XFree tree (if you need help on this, check > search.linuxfromscratch.org for XFree DRI - I posted in April this year, > somebody gave me a one-liner which should rebuild most of the modules, > then Kelledin posted a link to a tarball for building only modules with > a corrected Makefile). > That won't work - there is some additional information in the new style modules. But I think you will be able to build them. See below for general information. > 2. save your existing module under another name, just in case, and copy > the module from X to /lib/modules/wherever changing the suffix to .ko . That won't work! Below is a series of steps that I had to perform to use the LT Win Modem driver under 2.5.70. They are general enough, so I hope that you will be able to apply them to DRI. 1) Investigate which source files you have. For LT Win Modem: There is a prebuilt file ltmdmobj.o.gcc3 and a glue source file ltmodem.c that in 2.4 go together into lt_modem.o. Also there is a file serial-lt-2.4.c that produces lt_serial.o. 2) Based on this knowledge, write a Makefile. In my case it looks as follows: # the first two lines are based on the original Makefile, they are LT-specific EXTRA_CFLAGS := -DNO_EEPROM -DLT_SERIAL_MODULE=lt_serial -DLT_VERSION=8.26a9 LDFLAGS += -d # Then for each source file we add the corresponding .o file to obj-m obj-m += lt_modem.o # and for each resulting .ko module we list the .o files that go into it lt_modem-objs := ltmdmobj.o.gcc3 ltmodem.o # the same for lt_serial.ko obj-m += lt_serial.o lt_serial-objs := serial-lt-2.4.o # End of the Makefile 3) Build as follows (I assume that you didn't issue a make clean in the kernel sources tree): make -C /usr/src/linux-2.5.70 SUBDIRS=$PWD modules 3.5) That didn't work because of some changes in the PCI bus access functions, totally rewritten devfs, and some changes in the tty code. I managed to modify the source to account for all these differences. A patch will be sent here upon request. At last, the step 3 succeded. I hope there will be no such problem for DRI. 4) Install modules as usual. Or, you can always try a CVS version of DRI. I will be much surprised if there is no support for 2.5 (now 2.6pre) kernels there. </cita> Saludos. - -- Ricardo Barberis Usuario Linux N� 250625: http://counter.li.org Usuario LFS N� 5121: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org LFS en castellano: http://www.lfs-es.org Senior SysAdmin Dattatec.com - Hosting Solutions -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.2.3 (GNU/Linux) iD8DBQFAFSX8nabpmElFaJkRAnWTAJ4s0yeXrHMx1ZIuTmO1j//1VA3AxQCggGUD rwNDolqOEYLw+CLX/nMNIjI= =rdKz -----END PGP SIGNATURE----- _______________________________________________ Lugro mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.lugro.org.ar/mailman/listinfo/lugro
