wow wow wow!! this a SPANISH list!!!
El dom, 27-03-2005 a las 23:51 -0300, Federico Wiecko escribi�: > Hello, > > I think you are confusing the X server with Gnome Desktop ... this message is > related X Server. I don't think this error has originated from a java > installation. > Many thinks could originate errors: > > The xfs server is up ? (the font server) > if not, try to do this on a command line > (chkconfig xfs on ; service xfs start) > and then start the X server. > > If the previus solution doesn't work you can try this: > is posible that you or a script have modified the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. > There exists a backup copy of that file in the same directory, so you can > copy > the backup on the original (make a backup of the original first!) and try to > restart de X server again. > > Maybe the fonts.dir and fonts.alias files are damaged, in this case you must > reinstall xfonts packages (I don't know exactly for RH what package is .. you > can try rpm -qa|grep xfont or similar ) > > Good luck. > Federico.- > > P.D: me acaba de llegar el mensaje de ella en espa�ol ..pucha :-|... pero no > voy a cambiar este despues de haberlo escrito , jaja :-P > > On Sunday 27 March 2005 19:35, Luisa Torres wrote: > > Hi: I am newbie in all the linux world. I installed red hat 9 in a hd o 2M > > in my PC. I need to install also java in that disc under linux. But after > > installing java Gnome wont work again and I couldnt use the gedit editor, > > is the second time I have this problem. I get the following message: fatal > > server error:could not open default font fixed. I really need no fix this > > and to know if it is related with the java instalation or with the disk. > > Any help I aprecciate! > > > > > > > > --------------------------------- > > Do You Yahoo!? > > Todo lo que quieres saber de Estados Unidos, Am�rica Latina y el resto del > > Mundo. Vis�ta Yahoo! Noticias. > > _______________________________________________ > Lugro mailing list > [email protected] > http://www.lugro.org.ar/mailman/listinfo/lugro -- Federico Lazcano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> _______________________________________________ Lugro mailing list [email protected] http://www.lugro.org.ar/mailman/listinfo/lugro
