        From: Peter Braam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 5:18 PM
        To: Sridharan Ramaswamy (srramasw)
        Cc: cliff white; Nathaniel Rutman; lustre-discuss@clusterfs.com
        Subject: Re: [Lustre-discuss] Logical volumes over Lustre
storage

        Hi

        You can also put your OST's on LVM's and get some flexibility
wit resizing, but probably you had already figured that out!

        - Peter -

        Sridharan Ramaswamy (srramasw) wrote:

                Nathan, Cliff - Thanks for the clarification!

                Think I understand this more now. Lustre can grow at the
granularity of
                LUN size by adding it as another OST. Not in between. I
presume the
                scenario is same for reduce/decreasing(take an OST
offline and add to
                another MDT).

                - Sridhar