On Mon, 2008-04-14 at 17:40 +0200, Fereyre Jerome wrote:
> Has anybody used loop devices for MGT?
>
> Since there's not so much information stored in this Target, it
> can be a good alternative to disk partitions...

You could place it on the same partition/volume as the MDT but I believe
you get less noise in dmesg during start/stop if you have the MGT and
MDT seperate as this allows you to start the MDT after your OSSs.

I'm using an LVM volume for my MGS (and MDT - wanted to try the fast
scanner for backup which requires snapshoting). My MGS size is 64MB -
about 10% is used in a two oss + 3 clients setup.

I'm also interested in knowing about how much space the MGT uses for a
many-node system.

/Jakob