Hello!

On Apr 27, 2010, at 9:38 PM, Brian Andrus wrote:

> Odd, I just went through the log on the MDT and basically it has been
> repeating those errors for over 24 hours (not spewing, but often enough).
> only ONE other line on an ost:

Each such message means there was an attempt to send a ping to this server from
a client that the server does not recognize.

> Apr 26 06:59:45 nas-0-4 kernel: LustreError: 137-5: UUID 'work-OST0000_UUID'
> is not available  for connect (no target)

This one tells you that a client tried to contact OST0, but this service is not
hosted on that node (or did not yet start up).
This might be a somewhat valid message if you have failover configured and this
node is a currently passive failover target for the service.

Bye,
    Oleg