Since Intel will not be making community releases for 2.5.4 or 2.x.0 releases now, it seems the community will need to maintain some sort of patch list against these releases. Especially stability, data corruption, and security patches.

I think this is important so if people are trying a Lustre community release they need to be aware of any bugs that might exist, and if they're addressed. If things are unstable, lustre will (re)gain a negative reputation as a file system you should not trust with real data.

I don't have any answers here, but would like to start a wider conversation.

Thanks,
Scott