You'll need to restart the mds/mdt machine before the space will reclaim off the OST.

bob

On 10/17/2016 2:32 PM, DeWitt, Chad wrote:
Hi All.

I am still learning Lustre and I have run into an issue. I have referred to both the Lustre admin manual and Google, but I've had no luck in finding the answer. We are using Lustre 2.8.0.

We had an OST fill due to a single large file. I took the OST offline via the lctl deactivate command to prevent new files from being created on the OST. While the OST was deactivated, the user deleted the file. Now it appears the metadata is gone from the MDS (which makes sense), but the data chunks on the OST remain even after I reactivated the OST.

I believe that running lfsck would resolve this issue, but I am not sure if I should run it on the MDS or the OST? If this is the fix, what options would I need to use?

Thank you in advance,
Chad

Chad DeWitt, CISSP | HPC Storage Administrator

UNC Charlotte *| *ITS – University Research Computing