Hi,
A while ago I tried using Lustre as storage target for elasticsearch with
no luck, at the time I didn't really have time to look at it.
Today I looked at it again.

Apparently it tries to run a native locking function that isn't implemented
in java:

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Function not implemented
        at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.lock0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
        at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.lock(FileDispatcherImpl.java:90)
~[?:?]
        at sun.nio.ch.FileChannelImpl.tryLock(FileChannelImpl.java:1115)
~[?:?]
        at java.nio.channels.FileChannel.tryLock(FileChannel.java:1155)
~[?:1.8.0_141]
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.NativeFSLockFactory.obtainFSLock(NativeFSLockFactory.java:114)
at org.apache.lucene.store.FSLockFactory.obtainLock(FSLockFactory.java:41)
at org.apache.lucene.store.BaseDirectory.obtainLock(BaseDirectory.java:45)

So I was wondering would this issue be solved by Lustre bindings for Java
or is this a way of locking that isn't supported by Lustre?

Is anyone else using elastic on Lustre? How did you do it?
Thanks,
Eli