Nothing technically wrong with it, but as was discussed previously, not much benefit to lustre over other filesystems when using only one OSS/OST.

Any parallelism by lustre by using multiple OSTs in a single box can be had with other filesystems (such as ZFS). The main beauty of a distributed filesystem is the parallelism among */multiple destination servers/*. That's what makes it so scalable.

So, yes, not recommended, but yes can be done. I did it that way just to learn lustre long ago.

Brian Andrus