I suppose you want to say 2.10.*

if you use lustre-client-dkms rpm (or build it from sources) the only thing you need to do on your clients is to remove the actual lustre-client-dkms rpm package and reinstall  it after you upgrade the kernel.  In this way the lustre modules will be automatically built for your new kernel (you must have proper kernel-headers though).