it is time for me to move my MDS to a diferent HW infrastructure.
So I Was wondering if the following procedure can work.
I have mds1 (old mds) and mds2 (new mds). On the old mds I have a zfs MGS partition and a zfs MDT partition.

 * create a new ZFS  MGS and MDT partition on mds2 and create a lustre
   FS on it
 * umount lustre on mds2
 * stop all the OSSes belonging to mds1 and stop and umount lustre on mds1
 * zfs send the MGS partition from mds1 and zfs receive it on mds2
 * zfs send the MGT partition from mds1 and zfs receive it on mds2
 * mount lustre on mds2

should it work ?

thanks

Rick