On Jun 14, 2022, at 05:32, John Bauer
<bau...@iodoctors.com<mailto:bau...@iodoctors.com>> wrote:

I have had little success in my search for documentation on pool functions in
llapi. I've looked in:

https://wiki.lustre.org/PFL2_High_Level_Design

https://doc.lustre.org/lustre_manual.xhtml#managingstripingfreespace

I'm looking for info on llapi_get_poollist() and llapi_get_poolmembers().  I've
found the prototype in /usr/include/lustre/lustreapi.h, but that's about it.

Can anyone point me to some documentation?

it looks like there aren't man pages for these functions, just the function
comment blocks
in the code, and their usage internally:

/**
 * Get the list of pools in a filesystem.
 * \param name        filesystem name or path
 * \param poollist    caller-allocated array of char*
 * \param list_size   size of the poollist array
 * \param buffer      caller-allocated buffer for storing pool names
 * \param buffer_size size of the buffer
 *
 * \return number of pools retrieved for this filesystem
 * \retval -error failure
 */
int llapi_get_poollist(const char *name, char **poollist, int list_size,
                       char *buffer, int buffer_size)

/**
 * Get the list of pool members.
 * \param poolname    string of format \<fsname\>.\<poolname\>
 * \param members     caller-allocated array of char*
 * \param list_size   size of the members array
 * \param buffer      caller-allocated buffer for storing OST names
 * \param buffer_size size of the buffer
 *
 * \return number of members retrieved for this pool
 * \retval -error failure
 */
int llapi_get_poolmembers(const char *poolname, char **members,
                          int list_size, char *buffer, int buffer_size)

Patches to add llapi_get_poollist.3 and llapi_get_poolmembers.3 (and related)
man
pages welcome. The pool related functions should probably be moved into a new
liblustreapi_pool.c file to reduce the size of liblustreapi.c.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger
Lustre Principal Architect