Thanks.  Here is what I get:

[root@holylfs02oss06 ~]# tunefs.lustre --dryrun /dev/mapper/mpathd
Failed to initialize ZFS library: 256
checking for existing Lustre data: found

   Read previous values:
Target:     holylfs2-OST001f
Index:      unassigned
Lustre FS:
Mount type: ldiskfs
Flags:      0x50
              (needs_index update )
Persistent mount opts:
Parameters:

tunefs.lustre FATAL: must set target type: MDT,OST,MGS
tunefs.lustre: exiting with 22 (Invalid argument)

-Paul Edmon-

On 7/22/2022 10:37 AM, Thomas Roth via lustre-discuss wrote:
You could look at what the device believes it's formatted with by

> tunefs.lustre --dryrun /dev/mapper/mpathd

When I do that here, I get something like

checking for existing Lustre data: found

   Read previous values:
Target:     idril-OST000e
Index:      14
Lustre FS:  idril
Mount type: zfs
Flags:      0x2
              (OST )
Persistent mount opts:
Parameters: mgsnode=10.20.6.64@o2ib4:10.20.6.69@o2ib4

Tells you about 'mount type' and 'mgsnode'.

Regards
Thomas