This has the makings of being significant enough of an impact that I don't
think it is a done deal. I'm sure someone in DC is calling someone at IBM.
Even if USG does nothing, this is the kind of thing that EU regulators have
stomped on in the past.

I suspect this isn't open and shut...yet.

On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 11:35 AM Laura Hild via lustre-discuss <
lustre-discuss@lists.lustre.org> wrote:

> We have one, small Stream 8 cluster, which is currently running a Lustre
> client to which I cherry-picked a kernel compatibility patch.  I could
> imagine the effort being considerably more for the server component.  I
> also wonder, even if Whamcloud were to provide releases for Stream kernels,
> how many sites would be happy with Stream's five-year lifetimes.

Jeff Johnson
Co-Founder
Aeon Computing

jeff.john...@aeoncomputing.com
www.aeoncomputing.com
t: 858-412-3810 x1001   f: 858-412-3845
m: 619-204-9061

4170 Morena Boulevard, Suite C - San Diego, CA 92117

High-Performance Computing / Lustre Filesystems / Scale-out Storage