script is for developers and does not affect functionality of the filesystem at
all.

Cheers, Andreas

On Jan 30, 2024, at 06:32, BALVERS Martin
<martin.balv...@danone.com<mailto:martin.balv...@danone.com>> wrote:

I found the file that still references python2.
The file contrib/scripts/branch_comm contains ‘#!/usr/bin/env python2’
After changing that to python3 and building the dkms-rpm I can install the
generated lustre-client-dkms-2.15.4-1.el9.noarch.rpm on AlmaLinux 9.3

I have no idea what that script does, or if it functions with python2 instead
of python2 as env.

Gr,
Martin Balvers

From: Andreas Dilger <adil...@whamcloud.com<mailto:adil...@whamcloud.com>>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2024 23:32
To: BALVERS Martin <martin.balv...@danone.com<mailto:martin.balv...@danone.com>>
Subject: Re: [lustre-discuss] lustre-client-dkms-2.15.4 is still checking for
python2

** Caution - this is an external email **
Installing the DKMS is fine.  You can ignore the python2 dependency.

If you can debug *why* it is depending on python2 then a patch would be
welcome.  Please see:
https://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/PUB/Patch+Landing+Process+Summary<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/wiki.whamcloud.com/display/PUB/Patch*Landing*Process*Summary__;Kysr!!OUGTln_Lrg!TSAUkm-KG6g2Ob7CpfNbcImVqN6e_mSdQocM9kETERfenX3rfkHU00V-2RczCQWF6vPTtoWDCZ5zBMdFI2kTzA$>

On Jan 23, 2024, at 01:37, BALVERS Martin