This is a beginner's question for simple projects!

I got some soundboard wood a few years ago intended for harpsichords. Some of the pieces are quite narrow. I've been told that it is fine to glue more than two pieces.

Obviously, each board has narrower grain lines on one side and going wider towards the other side. With two pieces I'd just put the narrow grain lines facing each other in the middle. But with three pieces?

I don't mind if the soundboard ends up looking a bit odd but is there any technical or aesthetic issue here?

Stuart

---