[EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I assumed that I'd have to do experiment with some
> re-stringing to play these pieces on a (A-pitched)
> Italian theorbo.  I was also wondering if anyone knows
> whether this is technically practical on a
> continuo-sized instrument.

 I suppose if your theorbo is small enough to have an e string at lute
pitch, it's small enough to play Wilson.  The last time I had my 80.5cm
theorbo strung that way (during the first Bush administration), I played
Wilson pieces on it.  I've never tried it with the pieces in weird keys that
don't have many open strings.

Howard