I strongly recommend Thomas Campion. I'm sure there are examples of each in
his 4 books of lutesongs. If you don't have access to them I'll give them a
once over and send you something.

Btw, if you were ever planning to learn a few easy lutesongs or have some
ready in case you met a first-time lutesong singer these books are
delightful. The facsimiles are easy to read and most of the song lines are
in the familiar G-clef and for G lute. I believe they are available from
Broude Brothers and not very expensive.

Best wishes, and good luck to all in the coming year for your strings and
endeavors,

Sean