Ed,

Could you take a digital photo and show us?  I think I've got the idea, but seeing it
would explain everything.

Michael.

Ed Durbrow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I wonder if you could make a little portable bridge like those used
on kotos. Since it would be between the strings and belly it wouldn't
even get in the way. It wouldn't need to attach to anything. You
would put felt or something similar on the bottom so as not to
scratch the surface of the theorbo. You would only need enough
pressure to make a node. I just tried this with the handle of a
magnifying glass. It works! This is too easy.

--
Ed Durbrow
Saitama, Japan