The only intabulated continuo I know of is a collection of lute parts
for arias by Hasse, called *14 Stueck Hassische Opern Arien* (from
Cleofide), preserved in Leipzig (Mus. ms. III.11.46a). It has been
written for 13c D minor lute. The 1st course is used, so, it is probably
not intended for the notorious Weiss theorbo which is said to lack the
lute's chanterelle (I for one do not believe in Baronian rumours, btw).

One might also consider Dowland's accompaniment for Caccini's *Amarilli*
an intabulated continuo. IMHO, however, neither Dowland's tablature nor
the anonymous Hasse accompaniment are exactly continuo, in the strict
sense. Once execution of an accompaniment is technically fixed (stopped
frets in a tablature) it ceases to be basso continuo, i. e.
accompaniment to be improvised from a figured bass line.

I am used to playing from a bass clef staff (chitarrone, archlute,
mandora, G-lute, but almost never D-minor-lute), I usually play the line
down an octave, where possible, while supplying chords on the 1st
through 5th courses (played ensemble or arpeggiated). After I have
become a little familiar with the piece, I try to parallel runs of the
descant in thirds or sixths. That's my homemade continuo ;)

--
Best wishes,

Mathias

Mathias Roesel, Grosze Annenstrasze 5, 28199 Bremen, Deutschland/
Germany, T/F +49 - 421 - 165 49 97, Fax +49 1805 060 334 480 67, E-Mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
[EMAIL PROTECTED]