to me, the grain on the piece of wood covering the fingerboard is the
same as that of the soundboard.  difficult to explain that seam though.

in relation to my charango,  the sound hole seems way too large for the
body.  maybe this and the exaggerated size of the bridge indicates a
lack of finesse in the art of instrument making at that point.

what woke me up at 5:30 in the morning was the stubby tastiera and the
fact that it starts to expand almost immediately after the nut.  must
have been uncomfortable to play.  i don't see how frets could have been
applied.  i'm also curious to know if, and how, the strings were
attached at the bottom.

any ideas on the "quint" in quinterne?  unless it lost some pegs over
the centuries, i count 7.

the carved face at the top of the peg box looks celt.

and so to bed (II) - bill