Dear Herbert,

the name/title of Josquin's mass composition is "Hercules dux Ferarriae", composed for
duke Ercole I. and based on a short melody constructed as to mirror the sound of the
latin title in the solmisation syllables of its notes (at least if I remember well -
maybe there's a Josquin scholar on the list to correct me ....).

Yours sincerely,

Joachim Luedtke

--

Dr. Joachim Luedtke