Dear lute netters,

has anybody out there read the CD review in Early Music, may 2004, page 339-341
by a certain Tess Knighton?

She writes

"The results can be innovative and exciting, rewarding and attractive, all of
which is fine as long as the listener is informed about what is going on..."

Well said, Theresa.

Unfortunately our good Theresa is not too well informed and has no idea of what
is going on.

In the second paragraph of this splendid review she manages (twice!) to call
Vallet  - yes, indeed - Nocolas Vallet. Well done.

For whatever reasons she later decides to call him Nicolas Vallon [sic!] and
sticks to the new name six times.
She admits that she doesn't know much about Vallet - erm, Vallon - and says

"...for me he was a name in a textbook until I heard this CD..."

I wonder which textbooks Theresa keeps on her shelves...

Unfortunately she had to face an even tougher task - a Dutch title.
Understandably she failed once again and wrote

"Ouse Vader in Hemelyk"

Perhaps Stewart McCoy or Chris Goodwin should write a letter to the editors of
Early Music. It's a shame...

Quite upset,

Rainer adS