I've always been a heretic in lute-matters, but am quite happy playing Weiss
on a guitar tuned to D-minor while octavating the basses. Perfectly viable.

Also, the 11 string guitar is by no means a new invention. The swedish
guitarbuilder Bolin was making his "Altguitars" already in the 60's. Listen
to Göran Söllscher being a fair exponent.

BTW wasn't this a lute list?

B.R.
G.