  From: Doctor Oakroot<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu<mailto:lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
  Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 2:19 PM
  Subject: [LUTE] Short tunes, was Re: New Heringman CD

  Hmmm, 48 seconds per tune average.

  That brings up something I've wondered about - a lot of ren lute music
  seems to be very short. Did they just play lots of short pieces or was the
  practice to repeat a piece several times? Do the written scores represent
  themes which the player developed as he played?

http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html<http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~wbc/lute-admin/index.html>

  --
  http://DoctorOakroot.com<http://doctoroakroot.com/> - Rough-edged songs on
homemade GIT-tars.