I have the troublesome Aria lute.  It is an 8-course model L75, which
I bought new from Richard Brune in 1977 for $700.  I seem to recall
hearing that Aria was a Yamaha product, but all I knew at the time of
purchase is that it was "made in Japan".  It is obviously mass-
produced, with a simple soundboard and a punch-cut rosette.  But I've
certainly gotten my money's worth with it, and if I could find a
local luthier I would have the cracked pegbox replaced.  It has good
enough action for me.  The case that comes with the lute is very
nice.  From what I've heard it's way better than the current $600
Pakistani lutes.

I am not what you'd call a serious lute player, so I have low demands
of my lute and the old Aria is good enough for me.  I was more
serious when I was younger but it was all I could afford.  I played
the Chicago King Richard's faire with this lute (even got paid!) from
about '79 to '82.  Since then I'll go years without playing it, then
a couple years playing it then repeat.  When I was not playing it it
acted as an ornament on my wall, which probably helped the cracks
form.  I only had trouble with it holding standard pitch (a'=440)
after the cracks developed in the pegbox.  Now that I understand that
62cm lutes are usually tuned lower, I would be surprised if it does
not now hold a'=415.  Maybe I'll try that tonight.

I see that the Aria lute from Ted Biernacki (referred by Wayne) is
for sale on ebay, with lots more pictures.  Is that why you're
asking?  That seems to be a later model than mine (an L85 vs. my L75)
and has a different peg box design.  The pegbox on the ebay lute
looks considerably healthier than mine.  It looks like it has gut
frets (my lute came with tied nylon frets which I replaced with
gut).  Would I buy the ebay lute if I didn't already have an Aria?
Probably yes for a few hundred dollars, but I'd want to see better
pictures of the pegbox, both sides to make sure there are no cracks,
and the height of the action first

Is that what you wanted to know?
Best,
Steve