I had to tune down to 415 recently and was impressed by the difference
in tone. I won't say it's better "across the board" but I liked many
things about it. It did bring out different flavors of the instrument
that I hadn't heard before.

Ed, I remember Toyohiko's playing from this summer and to my ears it
was a greater tension difference than just going from 440 to 415. Would
you venture to guess how low he's willing to go --tension-wise?

Sean