Thanks to all who responded so far.  I've not seen Peter Holman for years
(decades, actually) and contacting him is a good idea. I'll follow up on the
German name, as well.

  Once Bononcini's fortunes with his operas changed, he was in fact hired to
perform twice weekly at Henrietta's (the junior Duchess of Marlborough) home in
twice-weekly concerts that were dedicated to his music exclusively or nearly
exclusively. As near as I can tell there are no detailed descriptions of
Henrietta's house concerts--they were private affairs and not subject to
newspaper comment or review. There are occasional mentions of them, more as
social events than musical, in newspapers, letters or diaries. These brief
comments occasionally list singers and notable musicians (e.g., Bononcini) and
often conclude with "the Instrumental Parts by Masters of the best Performers,"
or something like that. Tantalizingly vague.

  The best comment is after the fact in Hawkins.  He observes that Bononcini
"ever chose to be accompanied by Weber on the lute." Bononcini was a cello
virtuoso, so we're probably looking at cello/lute duets as well as continuo
support under songs. I'm working with Bonocini's 1732 trio sonatas (2 vln &
"bass doubled"--cello & something else) and would love to ascertain if these
were first heard with lute & cello continuo.

  I appreciate the feedback and will report if I discover anything more about
Francisco Weber.

  jeff