From: G. Crona [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2007 4:48 PM
To: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Guy Smith
Subject: [LUTE] Re: [OT] More on PDF's

> BTW, I assume that you can reopen the file in its original location.
Can
> you
> successfully copy the file to another location on the hard drive?
another
> medium like a CD-ROM, or perhaps even another flash drive? That might
tell
> you something about where the file is getting corrupted.
>
> Guy

Saving it to another location on the same harddisk worked, as indeed did
copying to another brand stick! How strange! Thanks a lot Guy!

Doc R. wrote:

>try opening the file from your hard drive then saving it onto the
stick.

Must be something with that particular stick. When doing what you
suggested=20
onto another stick it worked. Phuuu! Next time I'll try scanning at 150
dpi=20
or less, or resize each JPG. Many thanks for your answers!

B.R.
G.