In two places the manuscript has the date 1533.  Kurt
Dorfmueller believes it was copied at tghe Munich court
between 1533 and 1544. There is another manuscript
copied by the same scribe in Berlin (Mus Ms 40632).

For a thorough study see Dorfmueller's dissertation,
_*Studie  zur Lautenmusik in der ersten Hälfte der 16.
Jahrhunderts*_ (U of Munich) Tutzing, Schneider 1967.

I believe Darsie has made a complete edition of the
manuscript in French tablature.  His editions Silver
Sounds.  (When I went to his web page I got a dating
service.  Don't know what's wrong.  My computer crashed
when I clicked on the question at the bottom of the
page.)

==AJN
Boston, Mass.
This week's free download from