Dear Stewart

The trouble is that at least with my email software (Microsoft Entourage),
simply clicking on "reply", automatically inserts the address of the person
who posted the message, and does not insert the address of the list. So it
takes a conscious effort to change things round. If, like me, you are
careless and forgetful, it is easy to send a message to an individual
sender, realise what you have done, and then have to send it again to the
whole list. I did this only the other day.
Is there a way to set the list up so that clicking on "reply" does the right
thing by default? This happens with other lists that I subscribe to.

If this seems to go against the thoughts attributed to me in the quotes
below, (from "Martin Eastwell rattled at the keyboard" onwards), that is
because Taco wrote them, not me, as you will see if you look closely!

Best wishes

Martin