I have no problem with it either, on mozilla.

It is not uncommon to have plugins that block content, like no-script.
If so, you need to allow Google.com to see the content, and may have
to allow Google-analytics.com as well.

If you have java and javascript blocked, this may also have an effect
of stopping the display.
You can always download the entire book, read it as a PDF (it starts
on the bottom of the books page numbered 81) with the link:

http://books.google.com/books/pdf/Grove_s_Dictionary_of_Music_and_Musician.pdf?id=3Qw6AAAAIAAJ&output=pdf&sig=pEWf5FWJcFhPR_Vh8PbNMMX5c9E

or

http://tinyurl.com/2kz3wg

which works better, because then you have the book on your own
computer. (If you have the space: it's nearly 49megs.)

And frankly, if worse-comes to worse, let me know (onlyocelot at gmail
dot com) and I'll download it and extract the pages into a lil' pdf
for you. (You being generic here, not just David Tayler): NB: It'll
take me a few days to send it because I'll want to give time for
everyone who wants to say so, then send it in one (or a few, to avoid
spam filters) shot.

Ray