From: Andrew Hartig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 4:40 AM
To: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu
Subject: [LUTE] Cosens lutebook / bandora

Hi all,

I was looking through the description of microfilms available from the LSA
after reading through Nordstrom's book "The Bandora: Its Music and Sources" and
found a source not listed by Nordstrom:

[0065]  Add. Ms. 3056.  The "Cosens Lutebook".  French tab
         for 7  course lute and 6-course bandora.  Includes
         pieces by Dowland, Batchelar, Daniel, etc.

Does anyone know if Nordstrom missed this source?  Or is there an error in
stating that Cosens contains bandora works? (My bet is on the latter.)

Incidentally, I've already read the description of Cosens in Julia
Craig-McFeely's dissertation and saw no mention of the bandora, only a
description of one piece in a non-viel ton tuning. Perhaps this is the cause
for the confusion? (However, Nordstrom does not include this piece in his list
of "Doubtful Works and Misattributions"...)

Thanks for any and all assistance,
Andrew

CONFIDENTIALITY DISCLAIMER
The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message,
delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender immediately.

You should not retain, copy or use this email for any purpose outside of any
NDA currently existing between Toshiba Electronics Europe GmbH and yourselves.

Toshiba Electronics Europe GmbH
Hansaallee 181 - 40549 Duesseldorf - Germany
Phone: +49 (211) 5296-0 - Fax: +49 (211) 5296-400

Handelsregister Duesseldorf HRB 22487
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Ryoichi Shikama
Amtsgericht Duesseldorf