Bruichladdich is also an Islay malt, as the one prefered by David, you can also add Bunnahabhain, Coal Ila and Port Ellen (sleeping distillery, very hard to find a botlle of) and you will have the four other course of an eight course Islay lute wisky (Am I melting everything ?) My preference is Ardbeg first, then Laphroaig (I have a bottle of single cask of this one, waiting for Jean-Marie when he will visit my home)
V ;-)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anthony Hind" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "David Tayler" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2008 9:03 PM
Subject: [LUTE] Re: 7c at 64 cms

David
You forgot two of my favourite whiskies, Bruichladdich and Clynelish.

A friend of mine found a very ancient Bruichladdich at Edinburgh
University Celtic association, and was bringing it back to Paris,
when at the exit of a tube gate, he found a person in a wheel chair
who needed help to get over the gate. My friend put everything down,
including the treasured whisky, and when he had helped the fellow
through the gate returned to pick-up his goods, and found that his
ancient whisky was missing.
Since he had told me he was bringing it back, and I was already
imagining the exquisite taste in my mouth, I found myself both
laughing, and sort of crying as he told me this tale.
I imagined this mugger chuckling over the 35 year old Whisky. I only
hope he did not cut it down with lemon juice, as many do in Scotland,
I am told, calling it Whisky Toddy, or some such.
http://www.rampantscotland.com/recipes/blrecipe_toddy.htm

It could, of course, be that my friend invented the whole story just
to keep the bottle to himself. I had never thought of that, I wonder ...
Now I will declare that I love all 8c lutes, if you can find another
such  bottle for me; but a "one hundred year old" Calvados of a very
rich dark green colour (that this friend also found me, bless him),
would do as well, I can assure you. No such a friend could not
possibly have invented that story.
Best wishes
Anthony