For the sceptics, those who don't want to do their own math, for the math challenged, for the kind, and not so kind, messages on- as well as off-list, in person even (hoi Taco!) but most of all for all of you who, with me, consider this to be a complicated issue anyway and who welcome every bit of help, I've included a table of fret deviations from ET, expressed in cents, for 1/4 as well as 1/6 comma meantone in my DIY meantone fretting article. I make these tables on the back of envellopes whenever I have to play in a temperament I'm not familiar with. It's supposed to be a drawing of the neck of the lute, but I'm not a little html challenged, and - especially after the bottle of tempranillo/cabernet sauvignon, not to mention the complicated harmonies in BWV20 this afternoon, in Silbermann, mind you! - this was the best I could come up with. See my website www.davidvanooijen.nl, go to writings and Meantone temperament for lute. Corrections on my math are greatly appreciated.

David