Dear Bruno:

Since this is our area of specialty, we'll try to address your questions from
our perspective by directing you to a few videos of lute songs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/lutesongs

The three songs most recently posted were filmed by our friend Danny Shoskes in
an informal setting this past Saturday.  The performances were completely live
and there has been no adjustment to sound or editing.  More will be posted when
we have time and bandwidth.

Best wishes,

Ron Andrico & Donna Stewart
www.mignarda.com
> Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 01:04:29 -0300> To: lute@cs.dartmouth.edu> From:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: [LUTE] Lute songs> > I'd like to ask everybody
> about the role of the lute when playing with a> singer. Which are the aspects
> we should focus when doing the acompanniment?> > > As the lute is a very soft
> instrument with little or no dynamics at all,> certainly there must be other
> issues to focus on. I imagine that a good> point is to give attention to the
> articulation in order to make the lute> speak instead of sing the lines (the
> short sustain doesn't allow much> singing anyway...).> > Appreciate coments!>
> > --> > To get on or off this list see list information at>
Make every e-mail and IM count. Join the i'm Initiative from Microsoft.