''As for the proposed idea of soundboard bars getting loose, there are some
precautionary measures against this in your guitar - bar end supports.  So
with the kind of strumming / hitting that you do the bars should be fine,
unless you hit really hard.''

I should add that I don't actually hit hard at all - it just sounds that
way. And no nails to do damage. The guitar is over two years old, and not a
scratch on it.

Well done! Then, I'll blame the dry weather for the loose bar and old age for the scarred top. My guitar is 20 years old by now.

David