From: "Anthony Hind" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "damian dlugolecki" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <lute@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 4:12 PM
Subject: Re: [LUTE] Fw: [LUTE] Re: [LUTE] Re: Double headed 12c/loaded/Demi-filé

Damian
Well let me say, what I actually said again, in slightly different
words, but meaning exactly the same thing.
The more we see that string makers were playing round with dyes, for
whatever reason, including the one you put forward (which is
different from that of Martin), the more likely it is that they would
have come accross the dyeing process of leather, which is in fact a
would be more likely, simply because the recipes for dyeing leather,
using metal oxides, were being applied in the region at the centre of
which you could find this powerful string trade guild. There is no
jump to any conclusion in what I have -just said, that could be
considered as stretching any evidence.

If two similar types of activity are taking place in the same area,
there is simply more likelihood that they will meet in some way, not
certainty, just a greater degree of likelihood.
That is all I said, nothing more or less.
Regards
Anthony