No, no, no. This is complete and utter nonsense without any factual basis. I am sorry to be so blunt, but I will not accomodate this kind of fantasy
science.

DD

What seems to me more feasible, as regards to the increase of the density of the gut string, is that some substances that were traditionally used in dyeing of organic materials, such as iron and copper sulphates for instance, may well have initiated the idea of "loading" gut with an extra mass. These salts, or indeed even more heavier ones, may well remain as purely "mechanical" residues in-between the long chains of molecules that constitute the fibrous part of the gut ( the main part of it which, in a way, is responsible for strength factor of the gut string). As a matter of fact the specific weight of iron and copper sulfates is about 1.8 - 1.9 and 2.2 - 2.3 accordingly, certainly more than the gut itself.

Alexander